Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our First Christmas

Mark and I just celebrated our first Christmas together. It was a very busy Christmas. Filled with lots of time with family and friends. We left the Saturday before Christmas, after Mark's work party to go spend time with his family. We spent a few relaxing days down south, where we exchanged Christmas presents with Mark's family. Koalton loved his Cars track
but I'm not to sure Chase enjoyed his Whoop Ass Peanuts. Judging by the face he made and the coughing and hacking. Sorry Chase.



We left Christmas eve evening to head back home to celebrate Christmas with my family too. We were welcomed in with a huge storm.
We drove through white out conditions, and saw a few accidents along the way. We were blessed to make it home safely.

We then celebrated Christmas Eve with all of my family, Grandpa Jack, and our friends the Macks. Mom and dad made their famous prime rib dinner and we played games and watched a movie. We introduced the new in-laws to the families favorite christmas tradition, the flour game. This is the game where you place a coin on top of some packed flour and then we take turns cutting it away and the person to make the coin fall, has to retrieve it from the flour with their teeth. Mark was the lucky winner this year.

that night Mark was kind enough to take part in one of my family traditions that I hope to carry on with my kids. Each year we get to open one gift on Christmas Eve, our Christmas PJ's. Mark was willing to play along but didn't really get why we needed to do it. I think I'll try this tradition again when we have our first child.

We were very blessed this Christmas. Both Mark and I received new cloths. Mark alos got a new movie and soem brain teasers. I thought for sure that these would stump him but he proved me wrong once again. He had the first one figured out within a few minutes of opening the gift. I guess his pajamas are right when they say, I am so smrt! Mark also received a new suit. This one was a black with a double pin stripe. I have never seen someone get so excited over a new suit.

Mark gave me a Family Home Evening board, a new frying pan,( I was so excited to get this. We only had a very small pan and every time i cooked hamburger I had more hamburger out of the pan then I did in the pan.) Mark also gave me a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
The perfect one too. It was red with a handle on the bowl. We used it that morning to make scones.

We enjoyed the time we were able to spend with family and friends this year. Although this Christmas was very busy. It was filled with a lot of joy and happiness. I am very blessed to be a part of both families and to be able to be close enough to spen christmas with both sides.

Mark and I also are thankful for the true reason why we clebrate this wonderful season, our Savior. What a miracle that took place so many years ago in a stable. We feel very lucky to be able to have this gospel in our lives and see the blessing that come from living it.

We hope everryone had a very Merry Christmas and we also hope that everyone has a Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That's a hot looking frying pan, sista! Get it... hot... frying pan... frying pans get hot? (I'm so punny!)
I love how surprised you look in the picture where you're opening the KitchenAid mixer... like you had no idea what you were about to open! Very good acting, Rosie!

Hopefully nobody whose last name is Curtis will be offended by my next comment... if you are... to bad...

Here it is:

What the holy freakin' haystacks is up with the Christmas mohawk?!?!!!!! Please tell me that's not a Curtis family traditon and I can look forward to a future nephew of mine sporting the same fashion!

Erica said...

I love the picture slide show! Especially your expression opening up the KitchenAid! And Shannan's expression right after he cut his thumb! He looks so...jolly! haha Thanks for hangin' out with me today! It was a blast!

Erica said...

Your blog is so cute! I love the colors! Thank goodness we have your VERY talented sister to help us make our blogs cute! : )

Happy New Years Eve and we'll see you tonight!

The Barton Bunch said...

Love the pics of Christmas. I miss you guys, but I guess we will see you next weekend. I hope everything is going well and congrats on applying for gradution! Oh and please let Amanda know that she has no worries because, thank goodness, that mohawk has nothing to do with the Curtis's. (I think I would have some serious issues if it did!) LOL.

Anonymous said...

chase your a pansy there was not that much of a kick to those peanuts