Monday, December 31, 2007

My New Obsession!



On Christmas Day Mark and I went to the Mack’s to play games. Erica won the Simpson Monopoly game in our white elephant gift exchange, (actually Erica stole the game from me!) This is where the obsession began. I have never like Monopoly growing up, now I love it. On Christmas Day, I thought I was losing, but come to find out I had won the game. Then a few days later Mark and I were invited to play games over at Mike & Becky’s. Becky had me go and choose the game from the pile. She had the deluxe edition of the game. Even though I was the one to end the game by going bankrupt after on roll of the die, (thanks a lot Becky!) I had a blast! Maybe this game was so fun because Mike wasn’t watching his properties and giving people free rent. Mike says he officially hates this game.

On Saturday Mark and I were out doing some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. I asked Mark if we could go look at the games, and if the monopoly game wasn’t too expensive, could we buy it. He agreed because I still had my Christmas money from his parents. Just my luck Wal-mart was having a sale on games and we were able to buy the new limited edition, Monopoly Here & Now game.

I made Mark play with me that till about 1 am. Don’t worry, Mark killed me in that game too. Then last night we had the Macks over for dinner and games and Mike & Becky stopped by and you guessed it, we played Monopoly. We don’t know the outcome for this game yet. We decided to call it a night when it became too late and the boys and Becky had to get up early for work the next day, but don’t worry, we left everything so we can finish it up tonight.

So stop by our house if you’re in the mood for some Monopoly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people have unhealty obsessions. Cameron has Glenn Beck, you have Monopoly. Hmmm....what other unhealthy obsessions are in this family?