Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Early Birthday Mark

On Saturday I decided to take Mark out for his birthday. We did it early because I wanted to take him to one of our favorite places, Tucanos. We had to go on Saturday so we could get the lunch time special. So we invited some family and friends. Some being the key word. When I made the reservation it was for 15 adults 2 kids and one baby. This event was not little by any means. We had my parents, Mike and Becky, Amanda, Cameron, and their three boys, Cameron's parents, and sister who were here for Miles's blessing, Our friends, Shannan and Erica, and Erica's parents who were here for Christmas and to find out the sex of their new granddaughter. Congratulations Erica and Shannan on the anticipated arrival of baby Olivia!

After we stuffed ourselves with all the food we could handle we let Mark open an early birthday present. I have been keeping this present a secret since September and I was dieing to give it to him. I ordered Mark a new suit right after we were married and have had it hidden at my parents house for a while. I have also been telling Mark that Brother Hazen (the guy that sold me the suit) wasn't selling suits any more and if he could just wait till after Christmas we would go to the Mr. Mac sale (I don't even know if there is a sale after Christmas for Mr. Mac, but he bought it.)

Before we left for the restaurants I informed Mark that i needed a box to wrap his gift in. We decided to go to his shop to get a box. He asked me what size of box I would be needing. As I explained the size of box I would need the little light bulb over my head went off, (sometimes the light bulb has a slow reaction time) he was trying to figure out what I was giving him. So I stopped and called him on it. He informed me that it was okay because he already new what I was giving him because I gave it away earlier. I was surprised that I had. I asked him what he thought I was giving him. He said, "The lift supports for my car." (Mark's lift supports for his trunk went out back in October and we just haven't been willing to hand over the $80 dollars for new ones.) i just gave him a hurt face and asked if he would at least act surprised when I gave them to him. He agreed. (I never knew I could be could at giving a surprise.) I was so excited to give Mark his present even more then before.

Mark loved his suit. I hope just as much as he would have loved the lift supports. We had an enjoyable time with friends and family and I can't wait to give him the other birthday present tomorrow.

No comments: