Friday, August 8, 2008

One Year!

Last weekend Mark and I celebrated our one year anniversary!

I can't believe a whole year has gone by already. It feels like it's only been a few months. This past year has been the best year. I am ready and excited for many more years to come together.

Our anniversary fell on a Sunday this year so we had to improvise a little bit. To start off I had to give Mark his present a few days early. I wanted to get him some tools for his new job he started about a month ago. I had it all planned. I had talked to Cameron to see where to go to get some good start up tools and was waiting to go get them.

That all changed when Mark came home and informed me that we needed to go get him some tools. I tried to convince him to wait but when Mark gets an idea in his head it can be hard to change his mind. So I gave in and told him what my present was going to be. So we decided that we would go together to pick out his gift.
Mark had way to much fun picking out all his toys. Since I didn't get a picture of him opening his gift, I took pictures of him picking out his gift.

He told me the next day that his tools really did come in handy.
















When we left the store that night after picking out his tools, Mark asked me if I wanted my gift early since he received his early. I told him, no, I would wait.

I decided I would plan our anniversary this year since Mark had been in the past working Saturdays. I told Mark a few weeks ago I would take care of it. Then he told me a week later he wouldn't be working that Saturday. (I should have made him take over!)

I planned to go up to Cascade Springs that day and have lunch. Well when he didn't have to work that Saturday things got a little mixed up.

Mom and Dad decided to go camping on the spur of the moment. We went down to help Dad load up the generator into the truck. They invited us to come a long if we wanted to. Mark surprised me when he said that he would like to go even if it was just for the night. I agreed we could go as long as we left in time to come down and go to dinner and maybe a movie.

So we loaded up some sleeping gear and headed for the mountains. On the way up Mark decided he would give me my Anniversary gift. I was very impressed Mark wrapped it himself in a lovely tan Fossil bag. Mark gave me a very nice red (does he know me or what?) faced watch . I told him a while ago I would like a watch for when school started. He did an amazing job picking out a very nice watch.


After chilling out in the mountains we came back home to celebrate. We cleaned up and went to Goodwood Barbecue for dinner. As always it was delicious. Then we went to a movie theater to catch a movie but any movies that looked good to us were either sold out or we were to late for the showing. So we decided we would stop off at Smiths pick up some ice cream and then go rent a movie. We rented Batman Begins. We thought I had better see it, since I had seen the second movie but never the first.


For the record: I may just be a wimp but I thought Batman Begins was more intense and a lot more scary then Dark Night. That scarecrow freaked me out!


We had a very relaxing low key anniversary but I enjoyed every minute of it. We both needed relaxing and low key with our schedules. Who knows what next year will bring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Wow, I can't believe it has been a year either! Man we do need to get together sometime!!
Also, kudos to Mark. That watch really is gorgeous, he did a great job.
(and you are not a wimp, i thought the dude in batman begins was freaky too)

Kim said...

HI congrats on your anniversary, I can't beleive it has been a year either, time flies doesn't it LOL.
hope all is well and good luck in your new jobs I am cheering for you both. Kim