Monday, August 18, 2008

I survived!!!!

I just survived my very first day of teaching! It is 9:00pm and I just got home for the day but I survived. I even had a little fun. None of my first day of school nightmares came true I feel like I had the class under control and no one was called in to supervise or assist. I think that counts for something.
I did have some interesting things happen, I had a student pee her pants and we had to call her mom. I had my class fish die over the weekend and no one noticed it including me until after lunch. I was hoping no one would think to look at the fish since no one in the morning even mentioned it but without fail one student had to come over right before class ended and say to me rather loudly, "Hey, what happened to the red fish?" This then caused a ripple effect and soon I had the whole class chiming in where's the fish or what fish?, or I can't find the fish? If anyone says anything tomorrow I'll just say I decided to take the fish home!
Wish me luck as now I have to be back tomorrow at 7:30 am to do it all over again!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go, Rosie! You did it! can you believe you're a real honest-to-goodness teacher now? That's pretty dang exciting... pee pants, dead fish, and all! Good luck tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations!

The Barton Bunch said...

YAY for Rosie!! Sounds like your first day was....interesting. Congrats and I hope you know how proud of you we all are. See you soon!! Oh and dad says you guys might be coming down this weekend. Are you up for camping?

Amber said...

Rosie,
I am glad that you survived! Don't try to pull to many of those 9:00 PM nights. . . . it is not healthy! I am sure that the kids loved you. I just had my first day today -- not matter if you have taught for 9 years, or it is your first year there is always some sort of adventure. Your kids are lucky to have you as a teacher!

The Proctors said...

Yeah Rosie! I swear that I checked for your update earlier, but it wasn't there. Yippee for you!