Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Review




It’s been a few weeks since I have posted anything and a lot of things have happened in those weeks. I decided I had better do a week in review before I fell too far behind. So here I go.

To start off with I finished up my student teaching. I am excited to be done because that means I am even closer to becoming a teacher and having my own classroom. I'm also really sad because I had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the Kindergarten class and I'm going to miss teaching them. I am hoping to be hired at the same school as a third grade teacher next year. I'll keep everyone posted.

We also had Easter in those weeks. Mark and I had a very relaxing and enjoyable Easter together. We went down to Aurora for Easter this year. We did a wide array of activities while we were down there. We went four-wheeling in the snow (that was exciting because there was no snow up here and it was warm, how quickly that changed! Now we have snow and really cold temperatures. I WANT SPRING!). We helped dye Easter Eggs with Will and Harley and they even let us enjoy some of their Easter Candy. We had an Easter Egg Roll(this tradition was introduced to me this year.) On Sunday we all went to Big Rock Candy Mountain for a picnic. I enjoy going down to Mark's parents because it seems like life slows down. I needed that kind of break after student teaching.


After are nice relaxing weekend we came back home to get back to work. Mark went back to work and I went to work on my senior project. This is the last college assignment I will ever do! I worked with Erica on this assignment very day! We were both sick of even thinking about it. We made a goal with each other that if we got it done by Friday we would treat ourselves to Einstein’s Bagels and their Mudslide cookie. Erica finished hers by Thursday and I just needed to scan in a few more assignments so we went a day early to Einstein’s. It was a well deserved treat! It is so nice to know that I am done!

Last Saturday I threw Erica a baby shower. I couldn't have done it without the help of Mom and Amanda. Even Becky came to my rescue with the drinks. Between Mom and Amanda they took care of all the food and mom did the finishing touches on the games for me. They are the biggest lifesavers. Thank you guys!

Now I'm done with everything. I attend my last class tonight and then I don't have to step back into the school until April 25th for graduation. I'm so excited to be done! I just wonder what I'm going to do with myself this summer. I will be substitute teaching the last few months of school and then I have no idea. I'm looking forward to whatever life brings.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Whahoo Rosie! Look at all you've accomplished! I'm not just talking about the past few weeks, look at all you've accomplished over the past few years! A college graduate...that's a major accomplishment! I'm so proud of you! When I grow up I want to be just like you (I'm not kidding!)

Now you're done, can you make time to do something fun with your lame-o older sister?

The Barton Bunch said...

Well maybe if you guys would decide to move to podunk then I could find something to occupy your time...like hours of shoe shopping with your sister-in-law. ;) I hope you know we are all proud of you and of Mark! You are amazing people and will make amazing parents soon hopefully (Hagen needs a playmate and we definately aren't having another for at least 4 more years). Okay well see you next weekend! I am so in denial that Hagen will be 1!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! That is a great accomplishment! Just wondering how many years it took to get your degree?

Rosie said...

It took me 5 years because I have the extra endorsement for Early childhood so I had to take a few extra classes.