Monday, July 21, 2008

School Fever

I decided I better post some pictures of my classroom. I have just recently caught the school bug. Now, don't get me wrong I'm still scared out of my mind and am having the first day of school nightmares but I'm enjoying the getting ready and I just want to jump into it.
I have spent a few days here and there getting ready. Starting next week I will be there full time. I will have my last day of work at Seagull book on Friday and then I plan to spend as much time as possible in my classroom.
Amanda and mom have helped me so much with getting the room ready. They have been such a big help! I can't thank them enough.
Her are some pictures of what it looks like.

This is how the room kind looked when I first got my keys. The only difference was all the supplies were in the back corner. I spent a day up there separating things into different piles.



To those of you who teaching in newer schools, check out my orange walls and golden yellow cupboards! Aren't they nifty? I do enjoy the fact that two of my walls are metal so I use magnets to put up all the posters on my walls.

Mom came up to the school and helped me put some things away and start working on putting things up on the walls. Here's how that looked.

We laminated all my bulletin boards that day. We cut out a lot of lamination that day!
Amanda and her boys came over a few weeks ago and spent the whole day with me putting up bulletin boards and helping with other projects. I sadly did not take any pictures.
Then last Saturday Mom and Amanda spent the whole day with me setting up the classroom. We put the desks out and more bulletin boards. We started setting up the class library area and made the room actually look like a classroom not a storage area. Again, I sadly did not take any pictures but I will the next time I am up and then I will post them for you. Its getting closer and the closer it get the more excited I become!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Mrs. Curtis your room is starting to look great --I'm not speaking about those pictures either! Your room is starting to look tons better than even those pictures! You've got to get some current pictures, sista!
You may be having first day of school nightmares, but I'm constantly dreaming about putting things on the wall in a classroom thanks to my services to you!
It's been a lot of fun helping you! I can't wait to do it again.
You're going to be the best first grade teacher EVER!

The Gregory's said...

Rosie your walls are awesome!! I'm glad i'm not the only one that is getting nervous. I want it to just start but at the same time I feel like I have no idea what the heck i'm doing. Remember how they made us go the the first day of school...yeah wish I would have payed a little more attention.

Erica said...

Aww Rosie I am so excited for you!! I can image how you must be feeling right now with the summer winding down but you are going to be such an awesome teacher and I know as soon as you get started it will just come naturally and everything will be great! I wish I was there to help you too but I know you are in good hands with your sister and mom. I just miss ya and I wish you the best!

jcwilles said...

Good luck, Rosie! I know you'll enjoy it and do a great job. My sister had a blast her first year. I'm sure Jay will miss you at Seagull, so stay in touch!

Amber said...

Rosie,
You will probably get the "oh no school is starting I'm not ready" feeling for as long as you teach. I haven't been to my classroom once this summer and I am just putting off having to go and get it ready. I can't believe school starts so soon either, but once you see all those little faces you are in love and there is no going back! Really, let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything. . . it is more fun to do someone else's work :)