Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bread for Birth Control

Yes you read it right I bake bread for cheaper birth control!
I started this little agreement with my pharmacist about a year ago, right after Mark and I got married. You see my pharmacist is a family friend and when I was younger I would make him bread for some extra spending cash. When I got older I quit making him bread. So every time I went into the pharmacy he would hint around about how good a warm loaf of bread would be.
Right after Mark and I were married we didn't have insurance because Mark started a job the week before. My Birth control pills were super expensive. I went in to pick them up with my mom one day and she told me to see if I could work a deal with Brent to get him to make my pills cheaper. So that is when it started. I bake him two loafs of bread in exchange for a discount on my birth control. I did this for a few months until we got our insurance.
Well, since Mark has changed jobs I'm back in that same boat. I will be receiving insurance through the school but that won't start until the first of September. So I'm back to baking bread. Thank goodness Brent is so willing to work a deal with me just so I can save quite a few bucks!
I can't wait for the day that I can tell my grandchildren that I baked bread for birth control.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember last year when you talked of first making that deal. That is awesome. It will make a great story for your kids to know that you made bread for birth control, lol.
By the way, you are more than welcome to tons of my zucchini if we ever see each other again!! lol. I planted WAY too much.

The Barton Bunch said...

This is a great idea although I hope soon you can stop baking bread and put a bun in the oven instead! LOL. I am hoping that he/she will look like me though since Hagen looks like Mark.