Friday, October 12, 2007

Honeymoon Weekend

What a week we have had! It started off with a mad rush to complete three papers for school, before I could enjoy fall break. Then when I got home from school on Wednesday, there was a message on our answering machine. Amanda has gone into labor.

I have been kind of baby hungry with Amanda about ready to have her baby, my friend Erica just found out that she's pregnant, and I live in a ward where everyone either is pregnant or just had a baby. I thought I wanted one. I think I'll be okay for at least another year after dropping off the video camera to the hospital early Thursday morning for Amanda and Cameron. Amanda was just in her room suffering through contractions when I showed up. I stood there and talked with her for a little while, when all of the sudden I became very light headed. I felt as if I was going to be sick to my stomach. I hurried and sat down before I passed out. Amanda says I must have needed some true birth control.

Soon after I left Amanda had Miles around 1:30 am. Amanda did it again; she had another cute little blond haired boy. He looks just like the other two. (Check her blog for the whole story I'm sure it will be coming soon.) Amanda and Cameron are very blessed to have three very handsome boys. With all this excitement I'm extremely glad it’s finally Friday.



You see Mark and I have been married for two and a half months now and we have never taken our honeymoon. So this weekend we are sneaking off to go to the Johnson Mill bed and breakfast in Midway.
We received a gift certificate for our wedding from Marks old employer. The Mill was booked the night of our wedding so we decided we would wait a little while before we used our gift certificate. So we booked our room over a month ago and we leave tonight.
We will be staying the water wheel room. When we booked our room there was only two rooms left for that night. The lady that took our reservations recommended the water wheel room. After looking at the pictures I'm glad I took her advice.
I'm ready for this little over night get away. I think its just what I need so I can finish up school and head into my student teaching, that is coming up real soon.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats on your new nephew! He is a cutie! You did make me a little scared though with your story about seeing Amanda in labor.:) If it was that bad to watch what will it be like to go through?? haha I hope you had a wonderful time on your get-away! See you on Monday!

Amanda said...

Thanks for all your help with the boys while we were at the hospital. I know what a handful they can be!
We make cute blonde-haired boys, but maybe one day you and Mark could make a few cute red-haired girls!
Labor and delivery is scary, but when you're to that point, there's no going back, and you're usually at a point where you'd go through just about anything not to be pregnant anymore.
I'm excited for the day when it will be you're turn... no rush, though!