Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Day at the SPA

WOW! What a day! A day at the spa can really help you relax. For graduation my dear sister Amanda gave me a gift certificate for the new spa in Lehi, Journeys End. I was very excited but a little scared to go by myself. I was thrilled when I found out that Erica's husband Shannan had given her a gift certificate to go with me! So last week we found a day we both could go and made our reservations for the Journeys End pedicure and manicure. I had no idea I could enjoy so much some playing with my feet.

We arrived at the spa early and they led us out to their back patio to relax until they were ready for us. While we waited they brought us a drink and a little snack to enjoy. We sat out there just visiting and enjoying this moment of peace. As time went on I began to hear a tractor in the distance. I made the comment to Erica, "This was relaxing until that noise started." We laughed and then all of the sudden here came the tractor right where we were sitting. The man running the tractor was digging a hole for the fence. Although we wouldn't have minded a young handsome young man out there to fan us with a leaf and feed us grapes, we were not expecting the middle aged construction worker with his two padres. Luckily we were able to go inside and begin our pedicures.

The atmosphere was very relaxing and the ladies that worked on us were very friendly. It was so nice to just sit back and just enjoy the peace. I have never had a manicure or a pedicure before and I loved every minute of it. I think I could get used to going back again and again for the same treatment. Next time I think I'll go for a message!

I had a total blast and I was very excited I could do it with Erica. I was very thankful for one more girl’s day out with just the two of us. I don’t know what I'm going to do with out here.

Here are some of the pictures from our outing and the before and after pictures of my hands and feet. Thanks again Amanda! Now I think we need to go together!
Before




After

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! Fancy! Fancy! Fancy! Those are some fancy toenails! Fancy!

You bet we need to go together. My birthday is coming up (hint, hint!) I hear you can get gift certificates there and they make good birthday gifts (hint, hint again) Get the hint? Maybe you cold pass some hints on to my husband and I'll pass some on to your husband. Deal?

I want me some facy toenails too.

Erica said...

It sure was a wonderful afternoon!! Thanks for going with me! I'm glad we got to do one more girls outing too! I'm sure going to miss you!! You're the best!

The Barton Bunch said...

What a great gift! Sounds like you two enjoyed your pampering. Your b-day is coming soon.....what are you planning?! Oh and thank you so much for you nice comments....I really do appreciate them. I hope that my list works!

Anonymous said...

Rosie,
I think it is awesome that you have graduated! You deserve every bit of pampering.
Katie