Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm back for a few more days!

I'm sure all of you have been wondering what the heck has Rosie and Mark been up to for the past 6 weeks. Well the answer is school and work.
Mark has been very busy the past few weeks with work. Since we have had a true Utah winter this year, Mark has been very busy with all the wrecks out on the road.
There have been some days that he leaves the house at 6 and doesn't return home till 8.

I have been student Teaching at Northridge Elementary School.
I just finished up with the 5th grade and started today in Kindergarten. I have loved my experience so far. My day has consisted of coming home by 4:30 and beginning the lessons for the next day. Then when Mark comes home we eat whatever we can find or make quickly and then Mark will help me cut out quadrilaterals and parallelograms for the next math lesson or he helps grade the homework. I wouldn't have been able to get through this experience without him. He has defiantly been my lifesaver.

Needless to say I am ready for my house to get back to normal and our life to get back to normal, as normal as life can get! We both look forward to the weekend where we try to take it easy and get things done, so we will be ready for the following week. I hope when I get my own classroom life won’t be this crazy but I’m afraid that won’t happen until I have been teaching for at least 5 years. Until then I'll do my best to keep you posted on our life events.

4 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

Hello there! Long time no see....what's up with that?! You guys need to plan a trip down this way to see your monsterous nephew, but I am thinking that we will come up that way next weekend to do some shopping for Vegas! YAY! Okay, well I thought I would say hi! We love you guys!!

Michelle said...

How cool! I didn't know you were going to be a teacher. Congratulations and good luck with everthing!

Amanda said...

Holy Cow! Is that REALLY a new post?!?!

I can't believe you're alomost a real-life teacher! Good job Rosie!

Unknown said...

A new post! How are you liking kindergarten? Did you notice that Amanda tagged both of us? Hmmm...she must want some other posts.