Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Room Makeover

Ellie's room is almost finished. I wanted to post some pictures of the transformation.

When we bought this house the baby room was painted brown. The family that lived here before had twins and decorated the room with white cribs and light pink bedding and it was very cute.

When we broke out our cherry color crib and got the darker bedding the brown didn't look so cute anymore. My sister has a friend who is an interior designer and she said my baby room looked like it was a bear cave. So the brown had to go.


So, with some persuading, Mark started the transformation to change the brown to pink.
Bye bye brown!

After a few Saturdays we ended up with this. What do you think?

I still have a few finishing touches to do, like curtains, pictures and things, but we are pretty close to final product. We love how it turned out!

13 comments:

Katie said...

The room looks so cute! You guys did a great job. It for sure doesn't look like a cave now. It's so bright and fun. I love it.

Christensen family said...

Wow that room is the cutest! What a lucky little girl to get to come to your house.

Torrie and Cassidy said...

So cute! Love the monkey theme! Great Job:)

Allison said...

SO so cute!!

The Proctors said...

So cute! Love the bed head look Mark is sporting while painting.

The Barton Bunch said...

OMG!!!! I LOVE IT! I am so glad Mark finally gave in to you! So stinkin' cute!!!

The Girls said...

Wow that is the cutest baby room I have ever seen! Great job!!!

The Barton Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Barton Bunch said...

Okay, words can't describe how much I love this room. I think I have came back to your blog like 10 times since you posted this. Auntie Nan is moving into Ellie's room with her and there is nothing you can do about it! LOL

Allie said...

I'm just a little upset that the pink is gone, but it looks beautiful!! I'm so glad I finally found you again!

Breanne said...

Sooo cute!!! I love the monkey theme :) Where did you find it all??
(when i got your blog info a few months ago it didn't work when i typed it in, but i found the link on facebook :)

Michelle said...

WOW!! That is SOOO cute!

Leonie Chin | 蕾奥妮 ♀ said...

cute baby room....:)